Senior Gas Connections Account Manager
Company: National Grid USA
Posted on: October 18, 2020
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities,
and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We
connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The
pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our
expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to
shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers,
reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the
flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on
our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both
ourselves and our business.
National Grid is hiring a Gas Connections Account Manager in
Hicksville, NY.Job Purpose
The Gas Connections Account Manager is responsible for handling
customer requests for new gas connections in the residential,
commercial and industrial markets. The main focus of the position
is to enhance the customers experience in their interactions with
National Grid. The role requires the successful candidate to spend
approximately 20% of their time in the field.Key
- Working directly with Customers, Plumbers and Executives
including Facility Staff, Builders/Developers, Contractors,
Architects and Engineers to assess Gas Project opportunities.
- Representing and advocating for customer needs with internal
departments when required (e.g. Engineering, Customer Fulfillment,
Construction), by directing issues to the proper channels for
resolution and improving customer satisfaction.
- Network efficiently and effectively to support trade channels,
creating interest in participating in Gas Energy Efficiency
programs as well as identifying potential Gas Growth opportunities
for National Grid.
- Communicating clear expectations and deliverables with
customers, along with internal support, so as to achieve customer
satisfaction, gas growth and company line of sight goals.
- Determining the need for change in policy, procedure, or
technology that will allow other lines of business to improve in
delivering the highest quality service in a cost-effective
- Working as a team with internal departments such as Customer
Fulfillment, Distribution Support, Project Management, Construction
and CMS, and external resources such as plumbers, contractors and
equipment distributors to ensure consistent interpretation of
marketing programs, tariffs, policies, and procedures.
- Technical skills preferred concerning metering and regulator
details, operation of high and low pressure boilers, dual fuel
specifications, natural gas engines, and cooling/refrigeration
- Ensuring that you follow workplace safety requirements and
company ethics policies.
- Representing the company in targeted local, regional and/or
- Ensuring good communication and interaction with the Customer
and Jurisdiction Team and other related lines of business.
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
- Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills
and the ability to communicate with all levels of seniority.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Project/Construction
Management, Engineering. preferred or 5 years related
- Possess strong leadership skills and the ability to make
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to effectively manage a high volume of projects
throughout the sales cycle
- Knowledge of business and computer applications and an
understanding of business finance, engineering and technical
- Valid Drivers License
This position has a career path which provides for advancement
opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in
the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and
applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and
provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and
their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad
diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster
a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver
superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is
proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage
minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected
veterans to join the National Grid team.
Keywords: National Grid USA, Hicksville , Senior Gas Connections Account Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Hicksville, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!