Remote Tax Professional
Company: H&R Block
Posted on: September 9, 2023
At H&R Block, we believe in the power of people helping people.
Our defining Purpose is to provide help and inspire confidence in
our clients, associates, and communities everywhere. We also
believe in a connected culture, valuing diversity and inclusion and
making everyone feel like they belong.
We strive to continuously improve our business and have committed
to a long-term strategy and transformation plan known as Block
Horizons 2025. Our end goal is simple: bigger ambitions, faster
transformation, and extraordinary results. It's an exciting time to
be a part of H&R Block!
At H&R Block, we're curious, creative, and always on the move.
If you embrace challenges as opportunities and seek to make a
meaningful difference where you live, work, and play, our door is
A Typical Day...
As you inspire people to make confident, informed decisions about
their lives, careers, and money, you'll build client relationships
that will grow stronger every year.
Joining H&R Block as a Remote Tax Professional means you'll
serve clients with diverse tax needs and you'll have the support of
an expert team, dedicated to providing you with advanced tax
training you'll need to be successful.
It would be even better if you also had...
- CPA or Enrolled Agent certification
- Experience completing complex tax returns
- 5+ years of experience in accounting, finance, bookkeeping or
- Experience conducting virtual tax interviews that create
confidence in clients
- Tax planning and audit support experience
- Sales and/or marketing experience Perks of the job...
At H&R Block, we believe and invest in our people by committing
to their total well-being. Our benefit offerings can help
associates plan for their unique health, well-being, and financial
- Medical coverage - allows eligible associate well-being
programs including mental health support and coaching
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan and Employee Stock Purchase
- Tax prep benefit - allows eligible associates to receive the
same tax preparation as our clients, all with no direct cost to
- Other perks like flexible/remote opportunities that meet your
life, collaborative teams and much more! The Community You Will
At H&R Block we remain committed to building a Connected
Culture - one in which trust, care, and connections are how we work
together as we continue to create an environment where everyone
feels safe to bring their authentic self to work every day and
feels like they belong as part of a larger team.
You will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is
recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists! You will
also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each
other grow and support each other.
H&R Block is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and
celebrate diversity in the workplace regardless of gender, race or
color, ethnicity or national origin, age, disability, religion,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or veteran
If you're looking to make an impact, H&R Block is the place for
Enrollment in or completion of the H&R Block Income Tax Course
is neither an offer nor a guarantee of employment.
What you'll bring to the team...
- Conduct tax interviews with clients and support do it yourself
online tax clients through virtual tools (i.e., video conferencing,
phone, chat, email)
- Generate business growth, increase client retention, and offer
additional products and services
- Understand that teamwork is essential to our success -
communicate and coordinate regularly with leaders and peers about
how your remote work is impacting results
- Grow your tax expertise Your Expertise
- Experience completing individual tax returns
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Access to high speed, reliable internet
- Experience and skilled in technology (specifically MS Teams and
- Inspire confidence in our clients with your ability to
communicate complex tax situations concisely via phone, email and
- Experience utilizing effective customer service techniques
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Successful completion of the H&R Block Tax Knowledge
Assessment or equivalent
- High school diploma / equivalent or higher
- Must complete 18-hour continuing education requirement and meet
all other IRS and applicable state requirements
- Availability to work a minimum of 20 hours a week during peak
- Skill in researching information using various tax and
publication tools to understand the client's need (i.e., IRS
Keywords: H&R Block, Hicksville , Remote Tax Professional, Accounting, Auditing , Hicksville, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!