Posted on: September 15, 2023
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Arpana DavisAre you a fit? Easy
Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and sending us your
resume.Salary: $100,000 - $200,000 per yearA bit about us:We are a
Northeast engineering and construction company that serves both
private and public sector clients.Why join us?Medical Insurance,
Dental Insurance, Vision PlanLife Insurance and Accidental Death
and Dismemberment CoverageSupplemental Life InsurancePet
InsuranceShort-Term/ Long-Term DisabilityVacation, Sick, and
Personal Time OffPaid HolidaysFlexible Spending Accounts: Medical
and Dependent Care401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a Matching
ContributionJob DetailsJob Details: Our organization is seeking an
experienced and highly skilled Controller to join our team. The
ideal candidate will be a seasoned professional with a strong
background in finance, ideally within the construction or related
industry. This is a key leadership role, where you will be
responsible for all aspects of financial management, including
corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget
and forecasts preparation. The Controller will also be involved in
long-term business planning, investments, and risk management.
- Support CFO in directing and overseeing all aspects of the
Finance & Accounting functions of the organization.
- Ensure credibility of the finance team by providing timely and
accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends, and forecasts.
- Implement operational best practices and drive initiatives to
improve financial performance.
- Develop and manage financial controls in accordance with the
- Coordinate the preparation of financial statements, financial
reports, special analyses, and information reports.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal budgetary
- Work closely with senior executives to develop short and
long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Provide executive management with advice on the financial
implications of business activities.
- Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets, and
- Provide recommendations to enhance financial performance and
- Oversee the approval and processing of revenue, expenditure,
and position control documents.
- Coordinate audits and proper filing of tax
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation is required.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in a senior-level finance or
accounting position, preferably within the engineering/construction
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control
principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting
systems and experience with financial and accounting software.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial
reports, statements, and projections.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to motivate and
guide team members.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense
of urgency and results-orientation.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to
exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and
- High level of proficiency in MS Office, particularly Excel and
PowerPoint.Join our team and contribute to our company's financial
health while working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. This
is an excellent opportunity to make a significant impact on the
future of our company.Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by
clicking the "Apply" button.
Keywords: Jobot, Hicksville , Corporate Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Syosset, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!