Company: Source One Technical Solutions
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Utilities Engineer (Contractor)
Initial contract for 8+ months with possible extension
40 hours/week, standard business hours, Mon-Fri
- Processing Distribution Interconnection applications for an
electric utility which includes a large volume of daily inquiries
such as Status update, portal issues, and application
- Processing and technical screening of Applications of 0 to 10 MW,
primarily being solar, as per the Small Generator Interconnection
- Assist in initial high level inquiries for distribution
- Lead in crucial monthly Reporting such as Metric for less than
50kW, for greater than 50kW and reporting to the NYS DPS Inventory
- Assist in Net Meter violation and schedules with contractor.
- Managing Project field meetings with Interconnection
- Performing on site Witness testing's as per the SGIP tariff for
projects interconnecting to LIPA Distribution System on Long Island
and in the Rockaways.
- Position will be the lead in responding to customer inquiries
regarding SGIP process, and multiple other inquiries related to
distribution interconnection applications (both residential and
- Assist in managing day to day operational interface and
administration of Operating Instructions with existing Distributed
- Operational oversight of parallel resources interconnected to
LIPA Distribution System.
- Participation in monthly Technical and Policy related DPS
- Responsible for managing all project accountings and financial
aspects of the Interconnection Projects as per the agreed upon
technical studies and also full compliance with SGIP.
- Maintain Project accounting in SAP, work very closely with
individual performing the Cost Analyst function of interconnection
- Assist Cost Engineer maintaining monthly cost data & reports in
Excel or Access.
- Provide Cost Engineer project forecasts or other requested
project financial / status reports.
- Attend meetings & provide input, issue notes when required.
- Work closely with the Cost Analysts to analyze contractor
invoices and change orders respect to their progress as reported by
the field and the impact to the project budget.
- This position requires true leadership qualities, strong
technical background, and excellent customer service skills.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (Electrical Engineering
preferred) plus 1-3 years related experience, preferably in an
electric utility power engineering role .
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience working in electric utility industry in a Transmission
or distribution role.
- Understanding of Small Generator Interconnection procedure (SGIP)
- Experience in handling Renewable Distributed Energy Resources and
Non Renewable Interconnections.
Candidates must have the ability to attend on-site meetings and
perform on-site witness tests and the ability to attend on-site
meetings with team members which in total is estimated to be about
10% of the time. The majority of the work is performed remotely.
Training likely may involve being onsite a couple days a week.
After that, depending on how widespread COVID is, the work may be
mostly remote. There may be some field visits required on Long
Island - likely no more than 2 times a month.
Keywords: Source One Technical Solutions, Hicksville , Utilities Engineer, Engineering , Hicksville, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!