Engineering Manager, Capital Project Delivery
Company: NATIONAL GRID CO USA (NE POWER)
Posted on: May 1, 2021
About usNational Grid is hiring a Manager-for our
Facilities-department in Hicksville, Long Island.-Every day we
deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and
businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect
people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of
change in society and our industry is accelerating and our
expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to
shape the sustainable future of our industry.-To be successful we
must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of
energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of
tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always
look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our
business.Job PurposeLead teams in a dynamic environment, to
consistently exceed established goals, demonstrate a commitment to
customers and a dedication to excellence and innovation.-
Responsible for managing capital projects from inception to
completion including tracking and evaluation of project
- Manage the capital project prioritization.
- Manage vendor performance on capital project delivery.
- Monitor work plan to forecast to actual for variation and
implement corrective action to deliver on cost and time
- Lead the process for sanctioning of all fleet and property
- Bachelor's Degree in business management, engineering, finance
or related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of in-depth experience within-the Gas & Electric
utility transportation or heavy equipment industry preferred.
- Thorough understanding of key business drivers, internal and
external to National Grid, related to commercial fleet
- Comprehensive working knowledge of National Grid budgeting
systems and database administration combined with in-depth
experience with and thorough understanding of Fleet processes.
- Thorough understanding of continuous improvement processes,
tools and techniques (PEX), and demonstrated ability to implement
- Experience of leading, inspiring and motivating an operational
team.More InformationNational Grid is an equal opportunity employer
that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and
expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee
engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we
serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer.
We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and
protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
Keywords: NATIONAL GRID CO USA (NE POWER), Hicksville , Engineering Manager, Capital Project Delivery, Executive , Hicksville, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!