Internal Audit Director - US Regulatory Reporting
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Audit Director - Regulatory ReportingThe Audit Director - -US
Regulatory Reporting -is responsible for assurance coverage of key
areas of Finance including Global and US regulatory reporting
governance, US regulatory report interpretation, production and
oversight (e.g. Y-14, Y-9C), and -substantive testing over the
accuracy of regulatory -reporting. - -The role also has a
significant focus on data , technology and architecture.The Audit
Director is a senior level management position responsible for
contributing to the strategic direction of Citi's Internal Audit
(IA) function, in coordination with the Audit team. This role is
also responsible for managing - teams of professionals.This role is
responsible directing audit activities over a sub set of Finance at
a regional and global level to ensure the timely delivery of high
quality, value added assurance and audit reports which meet the
requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their
affiliates and of Citi's respective regulators, globally.The Audit
Director - -Regulatory Reporting -is responsible for assurance
coverage key areas of Finance, regulatory reporting governance at a
global and US level, -operational controls over -US report
production and oversight (e.g. Y-14, Y9-C), including technology
controls, rules interpretation -and -our data tracing program of
substantive testing over regulatory -reporting. - -The role also
has a significant focus on data.Key Responsibilities:
- Contributes to strategic direction of Citi's Internal Audit
(IA) function in the establishment of risk based auditing, which
include reporting methodologies, organizational design and
effective positioning of the function to ensure provision of
independent assurance. This is to be consistent and aligned with
Citigroup and Citibank business objectives.
- Uses excellent communication, leadership and strong management
skills to influence a wide range of internal audiences including
respective product, function, or regional executive management
partners and external audiences including regulators and external
auditors. Frequently engages in both internal and external
negotiations which will have a major impact on the function, and
possibly on the organization as a whole.
- Deliver multiple current audits to specification, and ensure
the delivery of audit reports address key risks, are complete,
insightful, timely, error free and concise.
- Drive the risk assessment process and oversee audit's coverage
and reporting on common high risk areas.
- Contributes towards the delivery of high impact reports of IA's
contributions to executive management, regulators, and Citigroup
and Citibank boards' sub-committees, developing trend analyses and
- Ensure timely delivery of comprehensive regulatory and internal
audit issue validation, including issues arising from other
- Manages a team of professionals. Recruits staff, develops
talent, builds effective teams, and manages a budget. Identifies
internal talent and fills key positions, attracts talent with
required expertise to meet the risk profile of the business, builds
deep bench strength and develops appropriate succession plans.
- Develops approaches to promote knowledge sharing and promulgate
management best practices across Internal Audit and both Citibank
- Delivers cost effective and efficient management of audit teams
and audit engagements.
- Ensures IA meets/exceeds the requirements and expectations of
Citibank's and Citigroup's regulators.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made,
demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation
and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving
compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to
Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal
behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing
and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as
effectively supervise the activity of others and create
accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- Works closely and collegially within IA and with line
management and control functions to ensure efficient and effective
provision of independent audit assurance.
- Collaborates across businesses and functions to improve the
identification, quantification, measurement, management, reporting
and controls in governance, risk management and internal control
- Actively supports and drives the Internal Audit Transformation
Program and IA's and management's efforts for Citi to have a strong
internal audit function and control functions.
- Fully supports and endorses the Quality Assurance function of
Internal Audit and promptly accepts and remediates deficiencies
found by QA.
- Ensures the adoption of the appropriate portions of the
Citigroup and Citibank Audit Committee Charters and the Internal
Audit Charter for applicable legal entities.
- Proactively advances integrated auditing
- 15+ years of experience in a related role.
- BA/BS or equivalent. CPA/ACA required, related certifications
(CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) are a plus.
- Advanced level experience in a related role with extensive
experience in business, functional and people management, with
proven abilities in taking responsibility for executing
concurrently on a portfolio of high quality deliverables according
to strict timetables.
- Specific subject matter expertise in audit, regulatory
reporting and the financial services industry.
- A self-aware, self-confident individual who has well developed
listening skills, and a strong ability to engage a group of
accomplished business unit heads by providing proactive advice on a
variety of audit matters while carefully balancing the independent
requirements of the IA function.
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive, risk based and 'no
surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in
sustaining independent views.
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective communicator, both
orally and in
an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.Qualified
applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.Citigroup Inc.
and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested
applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person
with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our
search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review .View the
"" poster. View the .View the .View the
-----------------------------Effective November 1, 2021, Citi
requires that all successful applicants for positions located in
the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such
vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Keywords: Citi, Hicksville , Internal Audit Director - US Regulatory Reporting, Executive , Hicksville, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!