Design Director - Women's Apparel
Company: Maxima Apparel
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Job Title: -Design Director - Women's ApparelLocation:
Hicksville, New YorkCategory: Licensed, embellished art intensive
adult and youth apparel.Position Type: PermanentDescription: We are
a leading streetwear / sportswear licensed apparel brand collective
that designs, sources, markets and sells high quality products in
multiple segments with a primary focus in licensed apparel and
outerwear. The Design Director will work cross functionally with
Design, Sales and Merchandising to create and develop seasonal
apparel lines while supporting the overall brand's objective.What
- Responsible for managing the conceptual process while
partnering with senior leadership to set seasonal direction of the
conceptual development of the Women's product category, including,
Mood, Color, Trend Big Ideas, Key Items as well as Print & Graphic
- Consistently shop and research the marketplace for inspirations
andidentify big/idea volume driving trends opportunities that will
positively impact the bottom line. --- - - - - - -Provides sketches
and line art to communicate full category design concepts. - --- -
- - - - -Facilitates and leads cross-category design team meetings
to provide design & concept board direction to communicate seasonal
concepts. --- - - - - - -Proactively develops and maintains open
lines of communication with internal cross-functional teams. --- -
- - - - -Leads the prototype process which includes initiating
early concept styles to drive seasonal concepts, establishing
initial block specs and construction details, and working closely
with Product Developer(s), and directing revisions as needed
throughout the development cycle. --- - - - - - -Lead, manage, and
mentor design staff in all aspects of product design, not limited
to technical design, across a wider multinational design team,
spread out over multiple time zones; and provide support as needed.
--- - - - - - -Manage line sheets and ensure accuracy --- - - - - -
-Delegate and manage work flow and process within the design team.
- --- - - - - - -Performs other duties as assigned.Who You Are: ---
- - - - - -Demonstrates excellent time-management and
prioritization skills while working on multiple projects
simultaneously. --- - - - - - -Adaptable personality that can
thrive with ease in a fast-paced environment. --- - - - - -
-Problem Solver who can operate independently and work effectively,
while maintaining composure under pressure.
- Product obsessedwith an entrepreneurial mind, and the ability
to work in a team environment.
- Consistently meets deadlines with anunderstanding and
commitment to company design calendar.
- Creates process optimization and seeks out efficiencies.
- Detail-oriented and possess organizational skills; ability to
perform with a high degree of accuracy. --- - - - - -
-Collaborative attitude that proactively engages with
cross-functional teams to achieve best results. --- - - - - -
-Ability to influence, negotiate, and collaborate with key
stakeholders. --- - - - - - -Invested in growth through mentoring
and managing junior team members with constructive and thoughtful
feedback and direction. -You Have:
- Minimum of 10 years design experience in Women's Sportswear or
Streetwear. (youth apparel is a plus)
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in the field of
Design, Apparel Design, Technical Design, and full knowledge of
total production timeline.
- Experience in Women's sportswear and/or streetwear market
- Strong leadership experience and management skills, working
witha wider multinational design team spread out over multiple time
- Excellent presentation skills, demonstrating effective oral and
written communication skills.
- Strong sense of style, color and trend forecasting ability
- Thorough understanding of embellishment processes, costs, and
- Ability to generate graphics.
- Ability to travel (as needed).
- Experience within team sports industry is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop,
InDesignExperience in sportswear/streetwear is a plus.
- What's In It For You? - -$90K - $125K based on experience. -
-Health, dental and vision insurance. - -An opportunity to make an
impact to the success of the company. - -** Portfolio showcasing a
wide range of design skills must be submitted to be
Keywords: Maxima Apparel, Hicksville , Design Director - Women's Apparel, Executive , Hicksville, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!