Model Risk Management Governance Analyst
Company: New York Community Bancorp, Inc.
Posted on: June 24, 2022
JOB SUMMARY A Model Risk Management (MRM) Governance Analyst
supports the implementation and execution of a bank wide model
governance program for MRM, in conformance with regulatory
guidelines. This includes governance over all phases of the model
life cycle, including new model approval, implementation, model
change requests, and model decommissioning/retirement. It also
includes model issues management and management committee
reporting. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Reports regularly to the MRM Governance Manager on compliance
with the Model Risk Management Framework and Procedures, including
model inventory, model issues, and all aspects of the model life
- Prepares portions of the monthly report to the Model Risk
Oversight Committee. Serves as the recording secretary of the Model
Risk Oversight Committee meetings.
- Maintains model validation issues within the Archer Issues
Management solution, including input of new issues, tracks issue
due dates, follows up with model owners regarding remediation
status, assists BPOs with the use of the Archer solution, and
review of documentation for issue closure.
- Responsible for model inventory management and ensures
governance over all phases of the model life cycle, including new
model approval, implementation, model change requests, and model
- Performs quality assurance reviews on key model governance
processes such as model inventory, model risk assessments, model
validation schedule, and all model data within the Archer
- Provides documentation to requests from various oversight
groups, including internal and external auditors, regulators, and
ERM testing personnel.
- Administers Model Identification Tools and reviews End User
Computing tools for model determination.
- Oversees effective controls over BPO requests for exceptions to
MRM Policy and extensions of remediation due dates.
- Administers the model inventory certification to BPOs.
- Facilitates the centralized report of Model Overlays and
- Proactively maintains effective partnerships with the model
validation analysts, model owners, business level risk management
teams and internal and external auditors to execute sound model
- Collaborates with the Archer Cross Solution Developer to
advance the solutions' capabilities to enable further automation in
the MRM Department's activities.
- Organizes and maintains all department documentation and
reporting in an efficient manner.
- Performs special projects, and additional duties and
responsibilities as required.
- Where applicable and when performing the responsibilities of
the job, employees are accountable to maintain Sarbanes-Oxley
compliance and adhere to internal control policies and procedures.
Job Requirements: EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor's degree required (Finance, Business, Statistics or
Risk Analysis preferred). A Master's degree is preferred.
- Bank risk management and/or model risk governance
- Experience and familiarity with SR 11-7.
- Experience with Risk and Controls Self-Assessment (RCSA).
- Background in records management and information governance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong project management and organization skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and database skills, and attention to
- Knowledge of MS Office software including Word, Excel, Access
and PowerPoint and, Visio.
- Knowledge of model lifecycle methodologies preferably in a bank
or regulatory environment.
- Demonstrates business knowledge of the bank's models, model
uses, and model interdependencies.
- Proven ability to engage diverse teams and to drive
- Demonstrated ability to analyze risk and produce meaningful
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work appropriately.
- Ability to work with all levels of management and staff across
all lines of business in the Bank.
- Ability to work independently and on a team and follow through
assignments to completion.
- Ability to meet established deadlines. NEW YORK COMMUNITY BANK.
Based in Hicksville, NY, New York Community Bank is a New York
State-chartered savings bank serving customers throughout Metro New
York, New Jersey, Ohio, Arizona and Florida. New York Community
Bank serves customers through over 200 branches featuring a
divisional structure: Queens County Savings Bank, Roslyn Savings
Bank, Richmond County Savings Bank, Roosevelt Savings Bank and
Atlantic Bank in New York; Garden State Community Bank in New
Jersey; Ohio Savings Bank in Ohio; and AmTrust Bank in Florida and
Arizona. With a longstanding reputation of strength, stability and
service, NYCB is proud to be committed to the communities it
serves. To learn more about the NYCB Family of Banks visit us at .
Help recruit top talent for NYCB through the employee referral
program. All NYCB employees are encouraged to submit referrals.
Locate top talent right in the community where you live, work and
play. Amazing individuals are all around be sure to let them know
how they can become a part of the NYCB family. NYCB is an equal
opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination on the basis of
race, color, age, sex, national origin, ethnicity, religion,
marital status, disability, military status, veteran status,
domestic violence victim status, gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, genetic information and any other
classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
or ordinance. This policy against discrimination applies to all
terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to:
recruitment and selection, promotion and demotion, transfer,
training and development, compensation, benefits, leaves of absence
and termination. NYCB will consider reasonable accommodations for
employees and applicants with disabilities, as well as
accommodations that are necessary for an employee to practice their
Keywords: New York Community Bancorp, Inc., Hicksville , Model Risk Management Governance Analyst, Executive , Hicksville, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!