Chief People Officer
Company: Construction Firm
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Our company, based in Hicksville, New York, was formed in 1991. The
company provides civil and structural engineering, land surveying,
construction inspection/management, site safety, geotechnical
instrumentation, technology, and special inspection services. The
firm's market sectors include transportation (highway, bridge, and
rail infrastructure); building and facility projects inclusive of
schools and colleges, medical care, housing, wastewater treatment,
commercial and site development; and municipal engineering. Our
company has successfully built an excellent reputation for
professional service and experience with all our clients. We place
great emphasis on client communication, quality, meeting project
deadlines, and innovative problem-solving.
JOB LOCATION: Hicksville, New York
As Chief People Officer you'll lead, design, and execute a people
strategy that allows each team member to contribute fully to our
- Lead our existing teams and continue to build a team to develop
and execute planned strategies.
- Stays on top of and adheres to all relevant administrative, HR,
and DOL regulations
- Develop offer letters and send them to approved candidates
- Coordinate with various department heads and leaders to ensure
inclusiveness and promote free thinking.
- Assist the recruiting team
- Create a standard procedure for onboarding and ensure you set
up all new employees for success
- Help develop a culture of safety, security, and
- Study the existing culture and set the guiding principles to
build internal people-related practices and create new ways to
reinforce and improve the culture
- Works with the executive team on business strategy and advice
on relevant compliance and employment law while introducing best
practices to protect our people and the organization
- Takes responsibility for organizational transformation.
Understand our industry and business model and improve the link
between company strategy and people strategy
- Manages assigned projects including setting policies, goals,
and objectives and determining priorities to meet those
- Coordinates consultant contract administration; resolves
disputes with construction contractors and assists in the
negotiation of major change orders.
- Ensure the company has superior programs for employee
development, retention, and succession planning to build bench
strength and ensure organizational effectiveness
- Gains knowledge of principles and practices of engineering and
- Promote a culture of high performance and continual
- Manages a portfolio of large-sized capital programs,
construction projects, contract administration, project finance and
administration, systems, and strategic planning.
- Ensures quality customer service to the public, stakeholders,
and other departments.
- Aggressively works to deliver services; works with key staff to
identify and resolve problems.
- Assesses and monitors workloads, administrative and support
systems, and internal reporting relationships; identifies
opportunities for improvement; recommends and implements
- May represent the office to other executive staff, departments,
and outside agencies.
- Attends and participates in professional group meetings; stays
upgraded on new trends and innovations in the field.
- Develop programs such as employees of the month Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Engineering,
Planning, or a closely related field from an accredited college or
- 8 years of full-time professional experience in engineering,
project management, or related experience, which must have included
- Previous experience as People Leader in the AEC space will be
- Independent and excited about balancing the requirements of a
fast-paced, fast-growing company.
- Hands-on contributor and leader, and collaborative team
- Has worked with HR software before such as Deltek.
Keywords: Construction Firm, Hicksville , Chief People Officer, Executive , Hicksville, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!