Nursing Technician (SY)
Company: Northwell Health
Posted on: November 15, 2023
Observes various monitors and alerts nurses and physicians to
changes in the patient's rate, rhythm, occurrence of arrhythmias,
and changes in oxygen saturation. Performs selected diagnostic
tests and prescribed treatments. Provides patients with assistance
in performing the activities of daily living. Assists health care
team in ensuring patients safety.
- * Observes cardiac and other monitors on patients.
- Recognizes arrhythmias and obtains documentary strip.
- Reports unexpected or abnormal monitored alerts to nurse
responsible for patient.
- Obtains a baseline strip each shift on all monitored
- Replaces electrode pads, wires and batteries as
- Assures that all emergency equipment is cleaned and
- Provides patients with assistance in performing the activities
of daily living.
- Provides equipment/supplies for and appropriately assists
patients with oral and personal hygiene.
- Prepares patients for meals/snacks/liquids and assists with
feeding, as needed.
- * Assists in health care team's physical/psychological
assessment of patient.
- Measures and records patient's Temperature/Pulse/Respiration
(TPR), blood pressure, height, weight, intake/output and bowel
movement, as appropriate.
- Collects required specimens; e.g., urine, feces,
- Reports any observable changes in patient's condition,
treatment results, and/or patient/family concerns to the registered
- * Performs various selected diagnostic tests and prescribed
treatments consistent with established procedures under supervision
of registered nurse including but not limited to:
- Applying simple dressings; Discontinuing intravenous peripheral
therapies; Performing electrode application and EKG; Obtaining
blood sugar results and informs nurse; Assisting with the insertion
of Foley catheters; Cleansing pressure injuries; Applying buck
traction to patient; and Assisting patients with elimination, as
- * Participates in health care team's responsibility to assure
- Responds to any patient's call bell and/or emergency
- Recognizes unsafe acts/conditions and corrects and/or reports
same, as appropriate.
- Uses side rails, restraints, gerichair and appropriately
- Transports patients.
- Responds to fire, evacuation, and internal/external emergencies
- * Functions effectively within the organizational
- Accepts assignment and seeks clarification as needed;
- Carries out assignments;
- Reports patient care observations and findings to RN
- Participates as an integral part of the nursing team in
assuming additional duties and responsibilities; and
- Maintains competence by attending in-service education
- Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
Minimum two (2) years direct patient care experience, required.
Successful completion of a Basic ECG/EKG Interpretation course,
Must successfully complete Site Telemetry/ EKG training program and
Nursing Assistant course.
Ability to operate cardiac monitors and EKG machine, required.
Ability to communicate effectively, and follow written and/or oral
*Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith
determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to
a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job
advertisement and may be modified in the future.When determining a
team member's base salary and/or rate, several factors may be
considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line,
years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated
contracts, budget and internal equity).
Keywords: Northwell Health, Hicksville , Nursing Technician (SY), Healthcare , Syosset, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!