Registered Nurse (RN) Clinical Quality Improvement Specialist
Company: Northwell Health
Posted on: November 16, 2023
Participates in interdisciplinary and process improvement teams to
identify potential future uses of the information systems and
potential improvements in the current use of the systems. Serves as
a nursing informatics resource, to individuals and teams within
Patient Care Services.
- Knowledgeable of Performance Improvement methodology used
within the organization.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of trends and advances in
Nursing Informatics, as well as new developments in hardware and
software technology; uses this knowledge in supporting users and
- Participates in preparation of Performance Improvement reports
for care services presentation at committee meeting; reports to
Hospital Quality Management for external benchmarking as
- Assists in conducting focus studies to measure and assess
patient care services' process stability and the achievement of
patient outcomes and organizational goals.
- Assists in coordinating investigations of state reportable
incidents/complaints, sentinel events, citations and data
collection for corrective actions.
- Participates in special projects related to quality issues;
assists in recommendations and coordinating implementation of plan
of corrective action; assists in preparing monthly variance reports
for the leadership, physicians, and other hospital personnel as
needed Presents patient specific issues and other concerns to
appropriate leadership and Performance Improvement Committees for
resolution of conflicts.
- Uses office technology and data base systems to perform
functions of the job; creates documents for formal presentations
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted
here are considered essential functions of the job under the
Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but
considered related are not essential functions.
- BSN nursing degree, required. Current License to practice as a
Registered Professional Nurse in New York State required, plus
specialized certifications as needed
- Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse
OR as a Nurse Practitioner in New York State OR current Licensed
Registered Physician Assistant by New York State Department of
- One-three (1-3) years clinical experience including general
knowledge of QM principles, NYPORTS and JCAHO requirements.
*Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith
determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to
a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job
advertisement and may be modified in the future.When determining a
team member's base salary and/or rate, several factors may be
considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line,
years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated
contracts, budget and internal equity).
Keywords: Northwell Health, Hicksville , Registered Nurse (RN) Clinical Quality Improvement Specialist, Healthcare , Plainview, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!