Physician Assistant - Pediatric Emergency Department
Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Posted on: November 20, 2019
Hackensack Meridian Health is seeking a Physician Assistant within
the Pediatric Emergency Department. The ideal candidate will have
minimum 2 years Pediatric ED experience. The Physician's Assistant
assists, monitors, and manages the day-to-day needs of patients as
requested by, in conjunction with, and under the supervision of a
- Obtains a details and accurate history, and identifies problems
and presents information to the supervising physician.
- Orders or prescribes medication subject to the following: no
controlled substances; the order or prescription is administered in
accordance with protocols or specific MD directions; the
prescription states whether it is written in accordance with a
protocol or specific MD directions; the physician's assistant signs
his/her own name and license number, as well as the supervising
- Assists a supervising surgeon in the operating room when a
qualified assistant physician is not required, and a second
assistant is deemed necessary by the supervising surgeon.
- Assists supervising physician in a procedure room when a
qualified physician is present and it is deemed that a qualified
assistant physician is not needed.
- Writes post-operative/post procedure note and orders for
- Performs line as a 'first line' person responsible for all the
post procedure management of patients as requested by the primary
- Starts IVs, inserts foley catheters and nasogastric tubes,
irrigates foley catheters, orders transfusions of blood and
products, venipuncture, and debriedments.
- Participates in research trails collecting, aggregating and
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and
modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e.,
age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.).
This process includes communicating with the patient, parent,
and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age,
educational, literacy, etc.).
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's
Organizational Competencies. Education, Knowledge, Skills and
- Successful completion of an approved physician's assistant
program, accredited by the AMA Council on Medical Education.
- Two years of experience in Pediatric ED. Licenses and
- Physician Assistant License.
- Certification by the National Commission for Certified
Physician's Assistants (NCCPA) within one year of initial
employment by the Medical Center. Hackensack Meridian Health offers
competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package.
Hackensack Meridian Health is a leading not-for-profit health care
network in New Jersey offering a complete range of medical
services, innovative research, and life-enhancing care aiming to
serve as a national model for changing and simplifying health care
delivery through partnerships with innovative companies and
focusing on quality and safety. Hackensack Meridian Health is
seeking a Physician Assistant within the Pediatric Emergency
Department. The ideal candidate will have mi...
Keywords: Hackensack Meridian Health, Hicksville , Physician Assistant - Pediatric Emergency Department, Healthcare , Hackensack, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!