Compliance Prod Sr Officer 1 - Global Retail Bank
Posted on: October 2, 2019
Serves as a senior function/business/product compliance risk
officer for Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM)
responsible for establishing internal strategies, policies,
procedures, processes, and programs to prevent violations of law,
rule, or regulation and design and deliver a risk management
framework that maintains risk levels within the firm's risk
appetite and protect the franchise. In addition, engages with the
ICRM product and function coverage teams, in order to partner to
develop and apply CRM program solutions that meet the
function/business/product and customer needs in a manner consistent
with the Citi program framework. Primary responsibilities include
monitoring compliance risk behaviors, providing day-to-day
Compliance advice relating to operations, financial requirements,
and guidance on the supported function/business/product and the
associated regulatory rules/laws and interpretation on internal
policies and procedures.
- Designing, developing, delivering and maintaining best-in-class
Compliance, programs, policies and practices for ICRM, including:
- Supporting global consumer product development, serve as the
subject matter expert and provide compliance credible challenge
over the Global Products team.
- Supporting, overseeing and leading global regulatory risks and
- Translates ICRM strategy and goals across Citi's clients,
products and geographies in a succinct and clear manner; provide
direction and guidance on the programs, including:
- Providing credible challenge to operational risk and control
- Serving as a subject matter expert on Citi's Compliance
programs. Provides expert guidance on function/business/product
regulations on a real-time basis to manage compliance risk,
including:o---------- Analyzing and scoping the impact of new and
complex regulatory developments across senior
function/business/product, including cross-border impact.
- Staying abreast of relevant changes to rules/regulations and
other industry news including regulatory findings.
- Overseeing the monitoring and identification of regulatory
developments, including enforcement actions, and new laws,
regulations, rules, and interpretations or guidance relating to the
- Analysing and scoping the impact of new and complex regulatory
developments across senior function/business/product, including
- Advising ICRM and GCB management and personnel on regulatory
and compliance issues and provide credible challenge.
- Participating in industry groups and trade association working
groups or other forums.
- Leading initiatives and managing high-impact special project
work streams with a results-driven focus to deliver solutions,
including coordinating the implementation of new regulatory
- Managing strategy and responses to regulatory examinations,
reviews and inquiries and internal and external investigations, as
well as testing and audit.
- Designing and lead compliance and control reviews.
- Partnering with other ICRM teams and global functions,
including Legal, Risk, Operations and Technology, and Finance to
prevent and detect non-compliance issues and promote a culture of
- Additional duties as assigned.Qualifications:
- Expertise of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive;
- Highly motivated, strong attention to detail, team oriented,
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to articulate
complex problems and solutions through concise and clear
- Ability to work collaboratively with regional and global
partners in other functional units; ability to navigate a complex
organization; to influence and lead people across cultures at a
- Experience in managing regulatory exams and relationships with
examiners, auditors, etc.
- Awareness of regulatory requirements including local and US
laws, international and industry standard
- Advanced knowledge in area of focus
- Related certifications desirableEducation:
- Bachelor's degree; experience in compliance, legal or other
control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory
organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof;
experience in area of focus; strong working knowledge of
function/business/product and the related operations and financial
requirements; previous experience managing a diverse staff;
- Preferred:Advanced degree (e.g. JD, MBA) a
plus-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job
Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions -
an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual
Orientation/Gender Identity.Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries
("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for
career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and
need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or
apply for a career opportunity .To view the "EEO is the Law"
poster. To view the EEO is the Law Supplement .
To view the EEO Policy Statement .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting .
Keywords: Citi, Hicksville , Compliance Prod Sr Officer 1 - Global Retail Bank, Hospitality & Tourism , Hicksville, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!