Company: Altice USA
Posted on: February 26, 2019
Job ID: 2019-21536
Location: Hicksville, NY
Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
The Telecom Engineer will be responsible for the analysis, evaluation of existing Session Border Controllers (SBC) services and technologies as well as the recommendation of additions, improvements and optimizations, and changes in the SBC and Voice infrastructure. This includes but not limited to thorough understanding of Signal Transfer Point (STP), ENUM, Call Agents, Centralized Routing Services, Media / Trunking Gateways, Routing / Translations, Policy and Charging Rules Function (PCRF) and Traffic Planning and Reporting. Responsible for the maintenance, integration and validation of existing and next generation products and services such as Mobile Voice solution and IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS). Responsible for technical evaluation of existing Session Border Controllers to leverage them as IMS centric Session Border Controller (SBC) functions such as P-CSCF, BGCF and IBCF. Evaluates and administers system monitoring platforms as well as oversees software/hardware upgrades as required. Develops and executes maintenance policies and procedures to ensure that performance metrics are met for the voice core. Responsible for technical troubleshooting and mitigation strategies related to network outages and individual issues escalated by Network Operation Center and Voice Operation team and maintaining the appropriate service level agreement.
Provides technical guidance to operations team in evaluation and migration of legacy voice core to next generation IMS core. Participates in Root Cause Corrective Action reviews to analyze major outages that occur in the system. Leads the analysis of performance and outage data and recommend system technical, process, monitoring and control actions / improvements. This person will manage and continue to improve the process for promoting changes (hardware, software and content) into the production systems. Provides support for internal departments and organizations on technical clarifications and customer facing issues. Provides technical updates to upper management regarding trending issues or troubles. Performs other duties and participates in projects when required. The perfect candidate will be innovative, motivated and driven in an aggressive, fast-paced environment that is both fun and collaborative.
* Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent work experience is required
* 5 or more years of Session Border Controllers (SBC) work experience
* 7 or more years of Telecom experience or relevant work experience
* Experience with SBCs (mainly Metaswitch and Nokia) / STPs / ENUM / PCRF
* Experience in design and deployment of service provider solutions with deep experience in SBC platforms
* Expert knowledge and experience in key VoIP signaling protocols such as SIP and Media protocols such as RTP and SRTP
* Expert knowledge in design and implementation of Header and Message Manipulation Rules
* Good understanding of IMS architecture and standard interfaces as well as virtualized platforms
* Experience and strong knowledge in SIP, SDP, DIAMETER, RTP, RTCP and Transcoding
* In-depth knowledge in VoIP, IMS architecture and VoLTE architecture
* Possesses thorough understanding of Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) signaling call flows and ability to analyze and perform deep-dive packet analysis
* Must be capable of administering and deploying existing and new voice services independently or in a team
* Experience and knowledge on VMware, OpenStack and Nokia Cloud Band
* Good knowledge of Overload Control, Capacity and Performance aspects
* Understanding or working knowledge of UNIX/LINUX based servers
* Thorough understanding of call processes between end to end systems
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills are necessary
* Ability to solve problems quickly and completely as well as demonstration of strong decision-making skills
* Ability to multi-task and adjust priorities based on workload
* Ability to work rotating Standby support
* Valid Driver s License, satisfactory driving record required
* Flexible schedule needed. Provides a rotating standby support to ensure continued reliability and availability of respective voice platforms and services. Must be available for field visits footprint wide on surveys, maintenance quality concerns and outage issues. Must be available to travel offsite for training, seminars and other business related events
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.
Keywords: Altice USA, Hicksville , Telecom Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Hicksville, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!