Sr Supervisor - Customer Connections
Company: National Grid USA
Posted on: October 18, 2020
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities,
and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We
connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The
pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our
expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to
shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers,
reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the
flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on
our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both
ourselves and our business.
National Grid is hiring a Customer Gas Connections Supervisor in
Hicksville, NY.Job Purpose
The Customer Gas Connections Supervisor is responsible for
overseeing a team of represented field inspectors and overseeing
the design of customer requests for new gas connections in the
residential, commercial and industrial conversion market. The main
focus of the position is to enhance the customers experience in
their interactions with National Grid. This role requires the
successful candidate to spend approximately 50% of their time in
the field.Key Accountabilities
- Lead, motivate and develop a team of represented individuals,
prioritize work, promote safe working practices and allocate
resources to ensure results are delivered in line with department
and customer expectations.
- The Supervisor will provide technical expertise and support
from an engineering and/or field execution perspective, ensuring
gas connection design activities are performed in accordance with
National Grid policy, procedures and standards in full compliance
with existing and future governmental codes and regulations.
- Meet customers, internal construction departments and/or
contractors on site to determine required work scope
- Representing and advocating for customer needs with internal
departments when required (e.g. Engineering, Customer Connections,
Resource Planning, Construction), by directing issues to the proper
channels for resolution and improving customer satisfaction.
- Communicating clear expectations and deliverables with
customers, along with internal support, so as to achieve customer
satisfaction, gas growth and company line of sight goals.
- Determining the need for change in policy, procedure, or
technology that will allow other lines of business to improve in
delivering the highest quality service in a cost-effective
- Working as a team with internal departments such as Customer
Connections, Distribution Support, Project Management, Resource
Planning, Construction and CMS, and external resources such as
plumbers, contractors and equipment distributors to ensure
consistent interpretation of marketing programs, tariffs, policies,
- Ensuring that you and your team follow workplace safety
requirements and company ethics policies.
- Participate in storm restoration or emergency duties as
- Working directly with Customers, Plumbers and Executives
including Facility Staff, Builders/Developers, Contractors,
Architects and Engineers to assess Gas Project opportunities.
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
- Lead a culturally diverse workforce through coaching,
counselling and team building to ensure tasks are carried out in an
- Represent and advocate for the team relative to customer needs
with external departments.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Project/Construction
Management, Engineering. preferred of a minimum of 5 years related
- Technically proficient within subject matter or demonstrated
ability to learn the business is preferred.
- A good working knowledge of tools and systems within designated
area, or demonstrated ability to be able to become proficient in
tools and systems is preferred.
- Experience managing a team with the ability to build effective,
respectful, working relationships is preferred.
- Technical skills concerning metering, regulators or operation,
construction and installation of National Grid underground
- Possess strong leadership skills and the ability to make
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Working knowledge of company information systems and
technologies related to field operations
- Knowledge of business and computer applications and an
understanding of business finance, engineering and technical
- Valid Drivers License
This position has a career path which provides for advancement
opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in
the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and
applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and
provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and
their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad
diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster
a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver
superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is
proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage
minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected
veterans to join the National Grid team.
Keywords: National Grid USA, Hicksville , Sr Supervisor - Customer Connections, Other , Hicksville, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!