Are you our next Program Manager?
Do you have a passion and desire to help others live an active
lifestyle? Do you genuinely care about connecting with others and
being part of a team? If so, Town Sports International is looking
for Program Managers to join our growing team. The Program Manager
is responsible for ensuring the smooth, efficient and profitable
operations of the Sports Clubs for Kids program within the
Who are we?
Town Sports International is the largest gym chain in the
Northeast region with more than 180 locations spanning numerous
markets including locations in California, Florida and Puerto Rico.
We operate under our local brands of New York Sports Clubs, Boston
Sports Clubs, Washington Sports Clubs, Philadelphia Sports Clubs,
Palm Beach Sports Clubs, Around the Clock Fitness, Lucille Roberts,
Total Woman Gym + Spa, and LIV Fitness.
What do we do?
We are in the business of fitness results, positive change and
personal connections. We achieve this through innovative
programming, the latest equipment and a knowledgeable staff. More
than this, we work with our members to provide a personalized
roadmap to achieve specific fitness goals.
You will thrive in this role if you:
- Develop a robust kid's program and consistently meet and exceed
- Have impeccable time management and organizational skills.
- View the business holistically, placing as much effort into
retention and member experience as into Sports Clubs for Kids
- Recognize that success is a team effort.
- Create strong cross functional relationships across the entire
club team so that Sports Clubs for Kids programming is
- Develop empowered and knowledgeable teams through effective
staffing strategies, performance coaching and career
- Handle member, client and employee issues in a positive and
- Embrace stretch assignments and development opportunities for
self and others.
- Model integrity, collaboration and a can-do attitude.
More about this role:
The Sports Clubs for Kids Program Manager is responsible for
overseeing the financial and operational success of the Sports
Clubs for Kids program which may include camps, birthday parties,
swim lessons, special events, and rentals. The Program Manager will
work closely with and receive direction and guidance from the
Sports Club for Kids Program Director. The Sports Clubs for Kids
Program Manager role achieves success through embodying our core
competencies (Create a TSI Environment, Build a High Performing
Team, Achieve Measurable Results).
Create the TSI Environment
Our profession empowers members and team members to achieve
active lifestyles. Fitness has relevance through all aspects of
life. We build positive relationships and sustain the
organization's culture by interacting with the highest level of
integrity and communicating in a manner that reflects our
- Performs a Member Experience Walkthrough (MEW) daily.
- Able to assist team members from all departments or direct them
to the appropriate person.
- Participates in and contributes to team meetings and call
- Creates internal and external outreach opportunities that
benefit the entire club.
- Reviewing and adhering to all TSI documents including but not
limited to policies and procedures, employee handbook, state
supplement, codes of conduct, etc.
- Modeling and promoting our guiding principles through the
Build a High Performing Team
Inspires, motivates and develops a team to reach their fullest
potential, contributing to the ultimate success of the
organization. We constantly improve ourselves, our processes and
our procedures to provide a meaningful experience in the gym. We
are connected to our members, clients and each other.
- Constantly recruits instructors and Sports Clubs for Kids team
- Ensures all instructors and coordinators are properly trained
before taking on lessons or birthday parties.
- Partners with General Manager on any team member concerns and
with regional support as needed.
- Staffs and trains all club team members so that Sports Clubs
for Kids operates successfully on their scheduled days off.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Achieve Measurable Results
Successfully and consistently exceeds goals that drive the
member, employee and business categories of the organization;
actions reflect a dedication to surpassing the expectations of both
members and employees.
- Consistently hits revenue targets.
- Achieves positive Profit & Loss results.
- Successfully manages payroll and expenses.
- Drives new sales through internal and external outreach.
- Works with Membership Consultants to ensure that all members
are introduced to Sports Clubs for Kids.
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience managing others.
- Experience in sales - specifically, call drives and
- Experience managing schedules.
- Ability to proficiently use our POS and membership system,
timekeeping any other computer programs required to meet the
business needs of the customer and TSI.
- Experience in kids programming preferred.
- Prior experience analyzing Profit & Loss statements
- Child & Adult AED/CPR certified.
- Prior swim instruction and/or lifeguard experience
- BA or BS degree preferred.
- Physical demands include ability to lift up to 20 pounds with
or without reasonable accommodations, walk through all areas of the
club, climbing stairs (where applicable), and bending and lifting
(e.g. picking up towels, restacking weights, moving equipment as
needed). The company reserves the right to change them as business
needs require and that jobs may require other tasks as assigned to
the employee by the company.
Due to the nature of the business, Town Sports International has
specific scheduling guidelines for this position.
- Team Members are required to work 3 out of the last 4 days of
the month, with the last day of the month being mandatory.
- TSI does not authorize vacation time in the months of January
- This position does not have a set schedule month-to-month and
is subject to changes based on the needs of the business.
- Ability to work one weekend day each week.
- Ability to work early and/or late shifts during Summer Camp
season, if applicable.