A fresh approach to work.
Bread is a part of our foundation. Panera bakers bring their skills
and craft to create the breads, world-class cookies and artisan
pastries served fresh each day in Panera bakery-cafes.
When you join Panera as a Baker, you join in our belief that food
should not only taste good, but also be good for you.
Come make a difference with Panera as a Baker today!
Panera’s essence of warmth and quality begins with baking. This is
an opportunity to provide an unparalleled quality product to each
of our guests.
Panera Perks…Enjoy the good stuff
The health and well-being of our associates is a high priority at
Panera Bread. We offer competitive compensation and benefits to our
associates, based on eligibility and availability. We believe these
are key components of our associates' Total Rewards and employment
• Competitive Pay
• Health Care Benefits based on eligibility
• Flexible Hours
• Extensive Training
• Meal Discounts
• Real Advancement Opportunities
We have positions available for both Day
Bakers and Overnight Bakers
About the Baker Position:
• You make it happen. Your role requires that you be reliable, able
to multitask, have great attention to detail, and a commitment to
adhering to standards.
o As a Baker you will work diligently and with flexibility
• It’s about being your best. You would be responsible for
preparing, proofing, baking, and topping all our amazing products
daily. Our Baker must be passionate about all aspects of
o You will be held to the highest standards in quality and
• We keep it real. Our passion for baking is warm and authentic.
Our food is fresh and wholesome with no artificial flavors, colors,
o You will respond to customer inquiries with warmth and
Other Responsibilities include:
• Ensure all breads and baked goods are prepared according to
• Are team players by partnering with Cafe Management and fellow
• Represent Panera’s Concept Essence and cultural values daily in
• Primarily work alone with minimal supervision.
• Perform other activities as needed such as stocking, prep and
• As a Baker you will work diligently and with flexibility
• You will be held to the highest standards in quality and
• Have the ability to coordinate daily responsibilities and uphold
the procedures that ensure we deliver the products our customers
Advancement is available and encouraged.
Bakers can become Trainers, Baker Training Specialists and Bakery
Managers. Come grow with us!
What We’re Looking for:
• 1-2 years of experience as a baker or a bakery background
• Experience working in a fast paced environment
• Self-starter, ability to work independently and as part of a
• Enthusiasm, energy and positive attitude with a desire to learn
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Minimum age – 18 years
• Ability to work 3rd shift (10 p.m. – 8
a.m. – may vary)