Company: Altice USA
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Job ID: 2021-27396
111 New South Rd, Hicksville, NY
Altice USA is a cutting-edge communications, media, and tech
company. We connect people to what matters most to them; texting
with friends, advertising that resonates, or binge watching their
favorite show. Our differentiated approach centers around
technologies that push the envelope and deliver the ultimate
customer experience. We're building a workforce that attracts and
retains the best talent, not only to meet the needs of our
customers, but that also reflects the diverse communities we serve.
We're not the only ones who have seen it; we've recently been
recognized by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers as well as
by the Human Rights Campaign, DiversityInc Magazine, and Cablefax
for our diversity & inclusion program.
The Optical Network Engineer position plays an important role
within IPNT, it represents an experienced professional with a high
technical skill set in the engineering and support role as it
pertains to the Optical Transport Network that support all of
Altice USA offerings. This position is critical to the team because
this person needs to be the technical resource that provides future
plans as well a source of information and support for all
responsibilities within Transport Network. They are responsible for
following the lead of the Network Transport Manager in conjunction
with the Director. Optical Network Engineers are to be pro-active
in their work and offer suggestions in completing it as well as
recommending additional solutions, efficiencies and or
observations. They are responsible for assisting with other
engineers & overseeing transport installations; circuit creations,
systems documentation, upgrades and maintaining network hardware,
as well as, network operating systems for the various transport
systems. Optical Transport Engineers are provided information from
systems and associates so that they can respond to, investigate,
diagnose, rectify and document issues as required. They also use
various network and server tools to isolate and rectify issues as
need be. Optical Network Engineers are responsible for a collective
skill and responsibility set as it applies to the overall network
transport infrastructure and they are considered experts in their
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The primary responsibility is to assist Network Transport
Manager and other Engineers in planning, architect and then support
reliable optical solutions for Altice USA products and
Perform tasks of high complexity relating to the installation,
maintenance, service/troubleshooting (problem analysis) of all
transport equipment (SONET, digital, DWDM, analog, and telephony)
including but not limited to fiber equipment, MUX/DEMUX, and status
- A high level of knowledge of CWDM and DWDM Network Transport
hardware including; Infinera systems and DNA, Nokia system in OMS,
and Cisco ONS systems and Cisco Prime/CTC, as well as all network
devices as they apply to both the collective network and the
respective discipline assigned. This includes any caveats required
to support those business units.
- High level of knowledge of Ethernet interfaces from Layer1 and
2 including protocols that support the routers and switches in
- Assist to manage and maintain high level network protocols and
configurations. Provides for procedural, informational and training
- Working with Corporate Engineering, develop design criteria for
testing of new technologies coordinating with all
engineering/operations/management necessary to meet Altice USA
deadlines for product offerings.
- Respond to, diagnose and resolve technical issues in relation
to the Internet delivery systems, Voice over IP, Interactive
Optimum, Suddenlink and Commercial/Lightpath services.
- Monitor performance and status of the Network delivery systems
and Transport systems.
- Provide technical assistance to internal departments and
- Work as part of a group with other engineering departments
(both IPNT and other) issues relating to all company products as it
pertains to Network transport.
- Assist with Transport group to develop and improve methods and
tools for the troubleshooting and researching of problems.
- Create and maintain logs, records, diagrams and reports of any
and all network transport systems.
- Performs Net Eng standby for all issues pertaining to digital
deployed services and performs high level escalation (in
conjunction with Network Ops Tech NOC level 3) of difficult or
complex problems into either vendor TAC departments, internal
management or internal engineering (OSP etc.) to ensure timely
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as
directed by Network Transport Manager as they pertain to the
In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities listed
above, this position is also responsible for:
- Performing any and all administrative tasks through use of
appropriate company documentation, ensuring documentation is
completed in a full and accurate manner.
- Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of
work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related
tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Altice USA
policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that all work related equipment and vehicles are
utilized and maintained in a safe and responsible manner, and that
all work related tasks are performed in a manner that is in
compliance with OSHA safety rules and regulations.
- Strong understanding of transport hardware and software
(Infinera, Nokia, & Cisco).
- Strong understanding of networking technologies (Ethernet
100,1000M; Serial T1, DS1, DS3; also copper and fiber
- High level understanding of CWDM and DWDM transport.
- Strong troubleshooting ability.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Knowledge of Windows based operating systems.
- Previous 4 years' experience on multiple hardware platforms and
operating systems, (Infinera, Cisco, Nokia)
- Knowledge of network and system management software (DNA,
NMF-T, Cisco Prime)
- Experience with handheld test tools (CAT5, Fiber and Fiber
scopes, T-bird 1gig, 10 gig and 100 gig testers and Optical
- Degree in Computer Science, engineering, or equivalent work
experience is required.
- Flexible working hours, 24 hour on call systems support.
Ability to work during maintenance windows.
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to
recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all
backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national
origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or
mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or
veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its
applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers,
professional or employment related information, photos, education
information and/or protected classifications under federal and
state law. This information is collected for employment purposes,
including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant
background screening, human resource administration and compliance
with federal, state and local law.
Can't find the job you're looking for?
Join our Talent Community and receive job alerts when we have
new opportunities that match your interests.
Share This Page
Keywords: Altice USA, Hicksville , Network Engineer, Other , Hicksville, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!