Are you our next Welcome Team member?
Do you have a passion and desire to help others live an active
lifestyle? Do you genuinely care about connecting with others and
being part of a team? If so, Town Sports International is looking
for Welcome Team members to join our growing team. Welcome Team
members have a key role in membership and retention by providing a
strong first impression at the welcome desk.
Who are we?
Town Sports International is the largest gym chain in the
Northeast region with more than 180 locations spanning numerous
markets including locations in California, Florida and Puerto Rico.
We operate under our local brands of New York Sports Clubs, Boston
Sports Clubs, Washington Sports Clubs, Philadelphia Sports Clubs,
Palm Beach Sports Clubs, Around the Clock Fitness, Lucille Roberts,
Total Woman Gym + Spa, and LIV Fitness.
What do we do?
We are in the business of fitness results, positive change and
personal connections. We achieve this through innovative
programming, the latest equipment and a knowledgeable staff. More
than this, we work with our members to provide a personalized
roadmap to achieve specific fitness goals.
You will thrive in this role if you:
- Have an affinity for building relationships.
- Are responsive, organized and have effective listening and
- Possess a strong desire to deliver a phenomenal customer
- Have a desire to be part of a team.
- Model integrity, collaboration and a can-do attitude.
More about this role:
The Welcome Team member position provides a welcoming and safe
environment for members and guests through a high level of customer
service. The Welcome Team member's interactions with members and
guests contribute to overall member retention and satisfaction. The
Welcome Team role achieves success through embodying our core
competencies (Create a TSI Environment, Build a High Performing
Team, Achieve Measurable Results).
Create the TSI Environment
Our industry empowers members and team members to achieve active
lifestyles. Fitness has relevance through all aspects of life. We
build positive relationships and sustain the organization's culture
by interacting with the highest level of integrity and
communicating in a manner that reflects our brand.
- Modeling and promoting our guiding principles through the
- Reviewing and adhering to all TSI documents including but not
limited to policies and procedures, employee handbook, state
supplement, codes of conduct, etc.
- Leading by example and setting expectations for peers.
- Ability to perform tasks in line with creating a legendary
Build a High Performing Team
Inspires, motivates and develops a team to reach their fullest
potential, contributing to the ultimate success of the
organization. We constantly improve ourselves, our processes and
our procedures to provide a meaningful experience in the gym. We
are connected to our members, clients and each other.
- Efficiently check in and handle routine member service tasks
using club systems such as, but not limited to, creating online
accounts, resetting passwords, updating credit cards, collecting
past due balances, and managing group exercise class
- Addressing basic questions about memberships, ancillary
services and billing inquiries.
- Providing a clean and organized Welcome Desk at all times.
- Providing a high level of customer service and attentiveness to
the member and guest needs.
- Being responsive to member feedback, complaints and escalating
issues to club management as necessary.
- Quickly addressing any maintenance or equipment issues that are
visible to members.
- Assisting management in administrative tasks including, but not
limited to, billing calls and confirming appointments.
- Takes pride in providing feedback and best practices to team
- Additional duties as assigned.
Achieve Measurable Results
Successfully and consistently exceeds goals that drive the
member, employee and business categories of the organization;
actions reflect a dedication to surpassing the expectations of both
members and employees.
- Proactively seeking ways to positively influence the member
experience and address member feedback.
- Effectively communicate new promotions and services at point of
contact, so that the member gets the most out of their
Required Skills and Experience
- 1-2 years prior gym experience in a member-facing role and/or
prior customer service role.
- Experience working with computer systems and navigating through
- Child & Adult CPR/AED required within 30 days of hire for all
opening and closing Welcome Team (preferred for all Welcome Team
- Ability to proficiently use our POS and membership system,
timekeeping any other computer programs required to meet the
business needs of the customer and TSI.
- Physical demands include ability to lift up to 20 pounds with
or without reasonable accommodations, walk through all areas of the
club, climbing stairs (where applicable), and bending and lifting
(e.g. picking up towels, restacking weights, moving equipment as
needed). The company reserves the right to change them as business
needs require and that jobs may require other tasks as assigned to
the employee by the company.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.