Client Services and Operations Assistant
Company: New York Community Bancorp, Inc.
Posted on: November 22, 2021
JOB SUMMARY Responsible for providing customers with high
quality, prompt, and professional financial services in accordance
with the rules, regulations and guidelines of the bank. Processes a
variety of customer service transactions. Participates in the
development of client relationships by cross-selling bank products
and services as appropriate. Participates in operations functions
of the department. Provides routine support to Business Development
Officers as needed. - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Tracks and executes departmental transactions, including wire
transfers, book transfers, opening accounts, and deposits in
accordance with Bank standards and procedures.
- Processes and handles various transactions including
adjustments, corrections, recoveries, reports, general ledger
entries, ATM/Visa maintenance and claims, Deceased Depositor and
Dormant accounts, forgery claims, overdraft recovery, fee
reversals, Federal Reserve adjustment requests, stop payments, bank
and certified checks, lost passbooks and checkbooks.
- Verifies and processes all types of interest calculations,
adjustments and early withdrawal penalties.
- Processes and reviews changes and corrections to customer
information in computer system and in the customer files.
- Processes (under dual control) mail items.
- Assists with the end of day procedures as needed and ensures
department and staff are in proof.
- Assists customers with their banking needs including the
opening of accounts and cross selling of bank products and services
- Communicates with customers and resolves routine problems and
issues. Answers inquires and provides information to customers by
telephone, mail, email or in person on various accounts and other
- Monitors daily activity through different reports available on
the bank systems.
- Assists in performing internal reviews of all assigned
workflows to ensure adherence to Bank standards, and ensures that
department functions are compliant and in order as required.
- Completes daily check reviews, new account documentation
reviews, and BSA request responses. ADDITIONAL COMMENTS
- Performs special projects, and additional duties and
responsibilities as required.
- Where applicable and when performing the responsibilities of
the job, employees are accountable to maintain Sarbanes-Oxley
compliance and adhere to internal control policies and procedures.
Job Requirements:EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum one year related banking experience preferably in a
retail environment. - KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of Bank policies, procedures and products.
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Word and
Microsoft Excel, NYCB operational systems including DNA, Nautilus,
and Dove Tail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication
- Ability to travel occasionally to branches and client locations
within the NY Metropolitan area. NEW YORK COMMUNITY BANK.
Based in Westbury, NY, New York Community Bank is a New York
State-chartered savings bank serving customers throughout Metro New
York, New Jersey, Ohio, Arizona and Florida. New York Community
Bank serves customers through over 200 branches featuring a
divisional structure: Queens County Savings Bank, Roslyn Savings
Bank, Richmond County Savings Bank, Roosevelt Savings Bank and
Atlantic Bank in New York; Garden State Community Bank in New
Jersey; Ohio Savings Bank in Ohio; and AmTrust Bank in Florida and
Arizona. With a longstanding reputation of strength, stability and
service, NYCB is proud to be committed to the communities it
serves. To learn more about the NYCB Family of Banks visit us at -
-. Help recruit top talent for NYCB through the employee referral
program. All NYCB employees are encouraged to submit referrals.
Locate top talent right in the community where you live, work and
play. Amazing individuals are all around be sure to let them know
how they can become a part of the NYCB family.
NYCB is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination
on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national origin, ethnicity,
religion, marital status, disability, military status, veteran
status, domestic violence victim status, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other
classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This policy against discrimination applies to all terms and
conditions of employment including, but not limited to: recruitment
and selection, promotion and demotion, transfer, training and
development, compensation, benefits, leaves of absence and
termination. NYCB will consider reasonable accommodations for
employees and applicants with disabilities, as well as
accommodations that are necessary for an employee to practice their
Keywords: New York Community Bancorp, Inc., Hicksville , Client Services and Operations Assistant, Other , Hicksville, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!