Company: Land O'Lakes
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Join Land O'Lakes, Inc., and help us bring food from farmer to
fork, building vibrant communities along the way. We're a global,
Fortune 250 company and a farmer-owned cooperative, which means we
work for one another-not Wall Street. We're proud to rank a Top
Workplace. We offer:
- Competitive compensation and rewards
- Best-in-class healthcare for you and your family
- Powerful savings programs
- Training and career progressionQuality SupervisorOur growth
relies on our extraordinary talent.-- Unlock your greatest
potential at Land O'Lakes by continuing to make a difference,
driving results and growing your career!--The Quality Supervisor
leads as a quality champion for the plant. The successful candidate
will be responsible for: Ensuring testing results are timely,
accurate, and meet all regulatory requirements as well as Land
O'Lakes specifications prior to release of product. Assists in
maintaining all required electronic and file
- Coaching employees as needed to ensure compliance with plant
quality programs, Enterprise Quality Management System, and SQF
- Assist the QA Manager in measuring and monitoring key
performance indicators as well as contributing data, background and
insight into those metrics.
- Understand Regulatory requirements and work on any plant
- Assist the management team in the maintenance of the quality
- Support Hicksville policies, procedures, specifications, HACCP,
standards, and regulatory requirements to ensure compliance.
- Conduct internal plant audits.
- Developing and overseeing training of new department
- Testing and disposition of ingredients and products.
- Monitoring and inspecting process equipment and in-process
inspection and testing activities.
- To improve the plant quality systems and provide service to
help operations for continuous improvement and compliance.
- The position is responsible for the supervision of QA
technicians/QA Operators and the administration and monitoring of
all laboratory testing equipment and procedures.Required
- BS in Food /Dairy Science or related field and 2+ years of
progressive quality assurance experience in food
- Strong knowledge of Quality Management principles, food
regulation and food operations.
- Minimum 2 + years of supervisory leadership experience
- Computer skills in MS Office Suite, Excel, Word, Outlook and
PowerPoint.Job Duties Include:
- Must be skilled in identification of root cause analysis to
improve quality and productivity of plant operation; demonstrated
ability to lead and drive change at all levels in the plant with
manager, peers, supervisory staff as well as line employees.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the
ability to teach, coach and implement quality programs.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and positively interact
at the line and plant management level; and set and maintain high
goals and standards of performance for self, peers, direct reports
and the plant.
- Requires strong analytical problem-solving skills, working
knowledge of statistics and process improvement, and a clear
understanding of HACCP, sanitation, food safety and customer
awareness to promote the plant competitive advantage in today's
- Strong attention to detail; ability to complete task with
accuracy and efficiency.Hours:-- 2nd shift:-- 5pm - 3am; this role
will require some additional hours, off shift hours, weekends and
holidays as needed.Land O'Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity
Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free
workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse
testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.Neither Land O'Lakes,
nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for
confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive
a call or email like this, please do not provide the information
being requested.----Land O'Lakes endeavors to make
Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would
like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or
need assistance completing the application process, please contact
the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F
Keywords: Land O'Lakes, Hicksville , Quality Supervisor, Other , Hicksville, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!