Consumer Regulations Compliance Specialist Sr
Company: New York Community Bancorp, Inc.
Posted on: June 22, 2022
A Senior Regulatory Change Management Compliance Specialist is
responsible for assisting in the performance of impact analyses of
low-to-high risk new/changed applicable laws. Assist with the
overall management of the Company's compliance program by promoting
a proactive regulatory change management process and partnering
with BPOs to maintain a strong culture of enterprise-wide
compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, rules and
regulations. Responsible for following the compliance management
program and the regulatory change management procedures as it
relates to new/changed laws and regulations, including governance,
policies and procedures, monitoring, reporting, communications and
- Identify risks and emerging issues pertinent to the Company's
banking operations in all states by keeping abreast of all federal
and state laws, regulations, rules and/or guidance ("applicable
law") that affect the Company's business.
- Identify and interpret new/changed applicable law relevant to
the Company's business.
- Perform impact analyses of moderate-to-high-risk new/changed
applicable laws, summarizing the new/changed applicable law,
determining how it will affect the Company and communicating such
new/changed applicable law to the affected business lines in a
usable and understandable manner.
- Support the Compliance Manager in implementing moderate-to-high
risk new/changed applicable law, by designing and putting
appropriate controls in place and/or performing detailed
transaction testing (including products and services offered
through third party providers) to ensure that controls put in place
by the business process owners ("BPOs") are appropriate and fully
- Follow established processes to ensure that compliance risks
are evaluated and tested in new or changed products and services
(including those offered through third party providers), processes,
policies and procedures, systems, and controls.
- Research and interpret applicable law pertinent to inquiries
received from various BPOs as directed by the Compliance
- Assist in the development of appropriate compliance training
and other tools to assist and support employees in fulfilling their
- Conducts quarterly reviews of consumer complaints.
- Performs special projects, and additional duties and
responsibilities as required.
- Where applicable and when performing the responsibilities of
the job, employees are accountable to maintain Sarbanes-Oxley
compliance and adhere to internal control policies and
Job Requirements:EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate's degree required. Bachelor's degree
- Five to ten years relevant experience in financial services
industry or as a regulator.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Comprehensive knowledge of federal and state bank compliance
regulations, bank products and services, as well as issues related
to bank operations, products and services and the impact of bank
compliance regulations on such.
- Ability to understand and interpret pertinent laws, regulations
and guidance relative to the bank's operations.
- Ability to prioritize assignments and handle multiple projects
- Ability to work both independently and in a team oriented
- Ability to identify potential concerns and drive the resolution
of such issues.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), organizational
and follow-up skills.
- Excellent relationship building skills and be able to
communicate highly technical compliance related
- Ability to negotiate and collaborate with others, initiate
action, adapt to change, and accept challenging assignments.
NEW YORK COMMUNITY BANK.
Based in Hicksville, NY, New York Community Bank is a New York
State-chartered savings bank serving customers throughout Metro New
York, New Jersey, Ohio, Arizona and Florida. New York Community
Bank serves customers through over 200 branches featuring a
divisional structure: Queens County Savings Bank, Roslyn Savings
Bank, Richmond County Savings Bank, Roosevelt Savings Bank and
Atlantic Bank in New York; Garden State Community Bank in New
Jersey; Ohio Savings Bank in Ohio; and AmTrust Bank in Florida and
Arizona. With a longstanding reputation of strength, stability and
service, NYCB is proud to be committed to the communities it
To learn more about the NYCB Family of Banks visit us at .
Help recruit top talent for NYCB through the employee referral
program. All NYCB employees are encouraged to submit referrals.
Locate top talent right in the community where you live, work and
play. Amazing individuals are all around be sure to let them know
how they can become a part of the NYCB family.
NYCB is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination
on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national origin, ethnicity,
religion, marital status, disability, military status, veteran
status, domestic violence victim status, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other
classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This policy against discrimination applies to all terms and
conditions of employment including, but not limited to: recruitment
and selection, promotion and demotion, transfer, training and
development, compensation, benefits, leaves of absence and
termination. NYCB will consider reasonable accommodations for
employees and applicants with disabilities, as well as
accommodations that are necessary for an employee to practice their
Keywords: New York Community Bancorp, Inc., Hicksville , Consumer Regulations Compliance Specialist Sr, Other , Hicksville, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!