Automotive and Diesel Mechanic - Jericho and Westbury School Districts- First Group
Company: First Group
Posted on: August 5, 2022
First Student is now hiring an Automotive and Diesel Mechanic
for our shop serving Jericho and Westbury School Districts!A wage
of $23.58 per hour AND a $2,500 sign-on bonus*!First things First:
Who are we? Twice the size of our next largest competitor, First
Student is the leading school transportation solutions provider in
North America. Every day, we complete 5 million student journeys,
moving more passengers than all U.S. airlines combined. With a team
of highly trained drivers and the industry s strongest safety
record, First Student delivers reliable, quality services to 1,100
school districts. Why join First as an Automotive and Diesel
- $23.58 per hour based on experience and qualifications (NOT
- An additional $.10 per hour for each ASE certification you
possess or obtain
- $2,500 sign-on bonus*!
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Monday-Friday day shift 6:00 am 2:30 pm and the second shift is
11:00 am 7:30 pm; full-time shift schedule and consistent,
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, & 401(k)
- Paid holidays & vacation
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety
- State-of-the-art training programs
- Discounts on cell phone plans, cars, and more through the Perk
Spot program!About the Automotive and Diesel Mechanic PositionAs a
Diesel Mechanic with First Student, you will help maintain and
repair Freightliner, Ford, and GM vans and school buses to ensure
vehicle readiness & safety, while guiding lower-level technicians.
Other major job duties include:
- Perform preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections, and
annual DOT maintenance inspections.
- Diagnose and perform all phases of vehicle and equipment repair
including brakes, suspensions, drivetrains, & transmissions.
- Ensure work orders are completed accurately.
- Assist with mobile emergency services.Automotive and Diesel
- Valid driver s license required; Willingness to obtain CDL
while employed We train!
- At least 3 years of automotive or diesel maintenance & repair
experience or technical school education
- Possess a mechanic s tool set
- Willingness to participate in the ASE certification program.
Training, testing, and bonuses are provided!
- Subject to a drug test.Get your career on the road with First
Student! *conditions apply; offer ends 9/30/2022 We aspire to have
a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and
retain a diverse workforce; therefore all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or veteran status. First is also committed to
providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to
positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First
is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain
and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for
Keywords: First Group, Hicksville , Automotive and Diesel Mechanic - Jericho and Westbury School Districts- First Group, Other , Hicksville, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!