Senior Quantitative Data Scientist
Company: eTeam Inc.
Posted on: March 11, 2023
Senior Quantitative Data Scientist of Forecasting.
This position will be in the Hicksville, NY office or Waltham, MA
The Load Forecasting & Analytics team produces electric and gas
load forecasts for Clients. You will develop short-term gas &
electric load forecasts and contribute numerous gas & electric load
forecasting projects supporting our electric, gas, and distributed
resource teams. You will support internal stakeholders including
Supply, Engineering, Control Centers, Strategy, and others. You
will ensure that the forecasts incorporate new distributed energy
resources, technologies, and policies.
- Develop and implement short-term load forecast models and
processes. Perform analysis relating to the forecast, as necessary.
Enable processes to be integrated with daily control center
operations and supply procurement.
- Develop short-term forecasts at both the system level and more
granular areas including electric feeders and gas regulator
- Short-term forecasting using machine learning, regression
analysis and neural nets.
- The ability to work and defend results. The ability to speak to
both technical and non-technical persons to present projects is
- Ensure the forecasts properly account for distributed energy
resources (DERs) and policies (e.g., demand response,
electrification of heat, etc.).
- Support other load forecasting teams - long-term electric &
gas, data and DERs - on ad hoc and other projects as
- Implement process improvement and best practices; and remain
abreast of changing technologies and industry best practices to
provide a service that is fit for purpose.
- Update forecast processes and documentation to ensure they are
efficient, and reviewable.
- Provide expert testimony before regulators and defend the
forecasts. Respond to data requests from regulatory bodies for rate
cases and other proceedings.
- Work with internal stakeholders (including supply, engineering,
strategy) regarding forecast methodology and analysis and ensure
our deliverables meet their needs.
- A Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred) in statistics, applied
analytics, engineering or related quantitatively rigorous
- 5 or more years of relevant energy industry experience in a
regulated setting with direct interaction with regulators is
- Demonstrated experience with econometric or statistical
forecasting or modelling required. Knowledge in time series,
regression, machine learning, or neural networks used for
forecasting is required. Experience in energy load forecasting
- Good understanding of industry operations and the regulatory
environment is preferred. Knowledge specific to Client is a
- Experience forecasting short and/or long-term impacts of
weather and distributed resources on loads is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the
ability to testify before regulators and respond to regulatory data
requests. Ability to explain complex technical concepts to
- Python experience is required. Expertise in statistical
programming software such as R or SAS preferred. Advanced SQL
skills preferred. Knowledge in integrating short-term forecasting
processes into company day-to-day operational and IT systems is a
- Advanced Excel skills required.
Keywords: eTeam Inc., Hicksville , Senior Quantitative Data Scientist, Other , Hicksville, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...