Line Service - Assistant (Multiple Listings)
Company: Novartis Group Companies
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Line Service - Assistant (Multiple Listings)
With 64 manufacturing sites in 26 countries, our aspiration is to become the top manufacturer of innovative and generic medicines in the industry
Keep assigned lines supplied with bulk products and components. Perform various filling and packaging operations.
* Supplies production line with product and packaging components as required.
* Loads and unloads components or product onto or from pallets, trays, racks, shelves and machines manually.
* Load components on machines and monitors operations to detect malfunctions.
* Attaches pumps and hoses into hopper connections as required.
* Assures all perimeter shippers are labeled prior to leaving the production floor.
* Scrapes hoppers, assures hoppers stay filled during production run.
* Assist with cleaning equipment as needed for efficient and proper line clearance.
* Transfers materials and/or products to or from storage or work sites to designated area by manual or power floor jack, dolly or other device.
* Assemble shippers, removes trash, product waste from packaging area
* Cleans and sanitizes work areas using broom, wipes, mop, or cleaning machine, (i.e gowning area, packaging floor perimeter and fill rooms).
* Weighs or counts product for disposal, documents weight and disposes accordingly.
* Contributes to the team by supporting other lines and roles as necessary to maintain operational efficiency.
* Maintain effective communication between shifts.
* Perform Packaging Pharma Operator duties as necessary.
* Maintains supply of PPE (i.e gloves, sleeves, dust masks) isopropyl alcohol (IPA) and wipes on packaging lines.
* Work with equipment such as ladders, manual floor jack, dollies, and be able to service multiple packaging lines simultaneously.
* Alerts Supervision, Mechanics and Quality personnel of safety, quality and equipment performance problems when they occur.
* Adheres to all applicable procedures, cGMP's, company policies, and all other quality or regu-latory requirements (OSHA, DEA, FDA, EMEA, ANVISA, HS&E, etc.).
* Ensures all work is performed in a safe, effective manner, and in compliance with the appro-priate industry and regulatory (FDA, DEA, OSHA) standards, and Departmental, Plant, and Corporate quality and safety Behaviors.
Note: This position may require the labeling, packaging or movement of hazardous (flamma-ble, corrosive, toxic, etc.) waste within the facility. If so, this employee must be trained under OSHA's HAZWOPER standard, 29 CFR 1910.120 as an 8-Hour first responder, 24-Hour in-cident commander, or a 40-Hour incident commander.
In lieu of HAZWOPER training, the employee will receive training on the requirements of the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act pursuant to 40 CFR 265.16.
All employees that have received the above-mentioned training upon hire will receive annual refresher training that covers the OSHA HAZWOPER standard and the requirements of RCRA.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What you will bring to the role:
* High School Diploma or GED. Associates Degree preferred. Equivalent experience can be considered in lieu of HS Diploma.
* Minimum of two years production experience
* Ability to lift 50 lbs. and maintain a high level of physical activity
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we're proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people's lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world's toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse team's representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Accessibility and reasonable accommodation
The Novartis Group of Companies are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to email@example.com call +1 (877) 395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $16.82 and $25.29/hour; however, while salary ranges are effective from 1/1/23 through 12/31/23, fluctuations in the job market may necessitate adjustments to pay ranges during this period. Further, final pay determinations will depend on various factors, including, but not limited to geographical location, experience level, knowledge, skills and abilities. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Novartis Technical Operations
NTO SANDOZ TECHOPS
Eon Labs Inc
Keywords: Novartis Group Companies, Hicksville , Line Service - Assistant (Multiple Listings), Other , Hicksville, New York
here to apply!