Automotive and Diesel Mechanic - Hicksville School District- First Group
Company: First Group
Posted on: November 15, 2023
First Student is now hiring an Automotive and Diesel Mechanic
for our shop serving the Hicksville School District! First things
First: Who are we? Twice the size of our next largest competitor,
First Student is North America's leading school transportation
solutions provider. We complete 5 million student journeys daily,
moving more passengers than all U.S. airlines combined. With a team
of highly trained drivers and the industry s strongest safety
record, First Student delivers reliable, quality services to 1,100
school districts. Why join First as an Automotive and Diesel
- Per union contract, the wage is set at $34/hour.
- An additional $.25 per hour for each ASE certification you
possess or obtain
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Monday-Friday day shift 6:00 am 2:30 pm; full-time shift
schedule and consistent, year-round work.
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, & 401(k)
- Paid holidays & vacation
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety
- State-of-the-art training programs
- Discounts on cell phone plans, cars, and more through the Perk
Spot program!About the Automotive and Diesel Mechanic PositionAs a
Diesel Mechanic with First Student, you will help maintain and
repair Freightliner, Ford, and GM vans and school buses to ensure
vehicle readiness & safety while guiding lower-level technicians.
Other major job duties include:
- Perform preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections, and
annual DOT maintenance inspections.
- Diagnose and perform all phases of vehicle and equipment
repair, including brakes, suspensions, drivetrains, &
- Ensure work orders are completed accurately.
- Assist with mobile emergency services.Automotive and Diesel
- Valid driver s license required; Willingness to obtain CDL
while employed We train!
- At least 5 years of automotive or diesel maintenance & repair
experience or technical school education
- Possess a mechanic s tool set
- Willingness to participate in the ASE certification program.
Training, testing, and bonuses are provided!
- Subject to DOT drug testing. DOT Regulation 49 CFR Part 40 does
not authorize the use of Schedule I drugs, including marijuana, for
any reason.Get your career on the road with First Student! We
aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to
attract and retain a diverse workforce; therefore, all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or veteran status. First is also
committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates
applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California,
First will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so
we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports
future growth for all.
Keywords: First Group, Hicksville , Automotive and Diesel Mechanic - Hicksville School District- First Group, Other , Hicksville, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!