Technical Services Technician I
Company: Sonic Healthcare USA, Inc
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position
Qualifications: Position SummaryThe Technical Services Technician I
provides first line support to internal and external clients for
all IT Infrastructure and Application related incidents and
requests through request tools, emails and telephone calls. Assigns
tickets to the appropriate technology support groups and track them
to closure. Advises and assists users in solving problems related
to hardware, software, networks and peripherals using available
technology. Studies and analyzes systems needs, troubleshoots
technical problems and trains users. Advises users on the
interpretation of IT reports and report capabilities, limitations,
etc. Provides user support, new hire system setups, group metrics
and desktop/laptop software evaluations and upgrades. Provides
quick response to ensure maximum uptime of all users and performs
end user training when necessary.Job ResponsibilitiesEssential
- Technical Support:
- Strong trouble shooting skills.
- Fast self-starter.
- Take on tasks/projects and run them from beginning to end of
- Provide immediate response to technical questions and problems
related to hardware, network or application related issues.
- Quickly determine the scope and urgency of reported
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems encountered with personal
computer hardware, software and peripherals.
- Resolve common IT issues remotely or in person.
- Provide feedback on open issues.
- Create, resolve and close tickets in a timely manner.
- Participate on an on-call basis.
- Configure and install personal computer hardware and
- Provide software installation.
- Proactive engagement with lab and administrative personnel to
build trusting relationships.
- Adheres to safety, confidentiality and legal requirements.
- Training & Education:
- Provide education on systems to all new employees and existing
employees as needed.
- Apply basic understanding of customer service.
- Ability to work with customers of a widely varying skill level
and instill confidence in Information Technology.
- Inventory & Repairs:
- Manages inventory of personal computing devices in the asset
database for their support area.
- Performs limited repairs to hardware,
- Performs limited repairs to hardware, including hard drive,
power supply and motherboard replacements, as well as addressing
other simple, miscellaneous issues.
- Special Projects:
- Participate in process improvement projects.Skills:
- Ability to develop business relationships and communicate
effectively with the user community, peers and supervisors.
- Apply basic knowledge of processes and resources required to
perform analytical and technical tasks on a PC systems.
- Experience with help desk or request tracking software.
- Experience producing progress reports.
- Ability to use data and logic to quickly find solutions to
- Adheres to schedules and agendas and respects others'
- Adjusts effectively to new work demands, processes, structures
and cultures.Other Functions:
- Perform other duties as assigned.Job Qualifications:Required:
- Minimum of 2 year experience providing IT Support in an
- Understanding of IT Service Management (Incident and request
- Basic understanding of Windows Operating System, Personal
Computer Hardware, applications and peripherals.
- Basic knowledge of desktops, servers, printers, terminal
servers, Xerox Document Management, Telecommunication,
telecommunications systems, fax servers, and network devices and
ability to identify problems and fixes.
- Basic networking skills (LAN/WAN/VPN)
- Basic server administrative skills (Physical/Virtual)Preferred
- High School diploma or GED required. Some college or technical
school course work related to the Information Technology field a
- Lab/HIPAA experienceScheduled Weekly Hours:40Work
Shift:Company:Sonic Healthcare USA, Inc Sonic Healthcare USA is an
equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is
committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit
discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color,
sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local
Keywords: Sonic Healthcare USA, Inc, Hicksville , Technical Services Technician I, Professions , Hicksville, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!