PSEGLI INTEREST POSTING Associate Distribution System Operator
Posted on: September 12, 2018
Requisition ID: 51085
Job Function/Category: Transmission and Distribution
Employment Type: Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity & inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy
THIS IS AN INTEREST ONLY POSTING FOR Associate Distribution System Operator:
This is an Interest Only posting, if you meet the qualifications of the position when a vacancy becomes available, you may be contacted for evaluation and interview.
Yard Assignment will be determined at time of hire based on business needs and would be one of the following locations: Hicksville, Brentwood or Riverhead.
The candidates is responsible for the daily supervision of assigned Special Operators (control room personnel) and Emergency Service Specialists (field personnel) in order to effectively and efficiently maintain the safe, economic and reliable operation and maintenance of the PSEG Long Island electric distribution system. Must be available to work a rotational 24 x 7 shift schedule and as required for after hour call-outs. Substantial overtime is required. Tolerance of job stress and pressure is a major contributor to success in the position. High energy, drive and motivation are necessities.
- Oversee the operational workload of team; ensuring allocated staffs are fully utilized and adequate shift coverage is maintained in accordance with system conditions and collective bargaining agreements in order to deliver against agreed program of work.
- Promote safety and productivity in the Control Room environment for up to 50 servicemen and 9 operators in order to ensure safety, reliability, security and integrity consistent with company goals, objectives and policies.
- Analyze and troubleshoot customer electrical issues interruptions, high/low voltage, flickering lights and open neutrals in order to identify and deliver to benefit the customer and company.
- Communicate with various internal and external organizations, including Public Service, elected officials and major account customers in order to keep them up to date on and resolve various issues.
- Promote and implement procedural best practice within the team in order to ensure all working practices are compliant with PSEG LI policies and regulatory requirements.
- Promote and implement planned and emergency switching procedures associated with the electric distribution system to ensure compliant with PSEG LI policies and regulatory requirements.
- Support company response to electric storm management and emergency restoration within division on day-to-day basis (rotating shifts) especially during all conditions of readiness including around the clock coverage to ensure efficient and effective storm response and provide accurate restoration times to customers.
- Monitor and challenge business processes where appropriate in order to ensure PSEG LI is compliant with regulatory requirements.
Required Education, Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor's degree in a Technical discipline; or in lieu of a technical bachelor's degree, a minimum of three years' experience in an electric utility control room.
- Effective leadership, team building, problem resolution skills and the ability to supervise others are also required to manage a 24 x 7 operation.
- Verbal and written communication must be clear, concise and effective.
- Strong logical and analytical thinking is essential.
- This position requires working rotating shifts substantial overtime and availability on a standby basis.
- This position requires driving to company locations and off-site assignments and events, applicants must possess a valid driver's license with a safe and satisfactory driver history.
- This position has a career path which provides for promotional opportunities within and across grades as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills
This is a multi-level growth series position, the title, grade level and incentive target assigned to the successful candidate will be determined by assessing skills and related experience, learned through the interview process.
Preferred Education, Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Electrical Engineering preferred
- Electric Utility Control Room Experience
- Possess theoretical and understanding of PSEG LI policies and processes and how to apply them effectively.
- Experience working supervising Bargaining Unit Employees and applicable work methods (with 1049 a plus).
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG Long Island, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
This site (http://www.pseg.com) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through empower which can be accessed through the mypseg homepage by clicking on the employee center tab, then under the empower header, choose careers.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legal protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics included, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please call 973-430-3845. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved hiring decision
Keywords: PSEG, Hicksville , PSEGLI INTEREST POSTING Associate Distribution System Operator, Professions , Hicksville, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!